Breaking stories from across the nation
- A Colonoscope You Won't Have to Reprocess
- Simethicone in Scopes Could Pose Infection Risk
- Clinic Where Joan Rivers Was Stricken Sues Its Insurance Carrier
- How Well Do PONV Predicting Systems Work?
- Is Medicare Ready to Reimburse Outpatient Knee Replacement?
- $22 Million Suit: 2 Dropped Instruments Left Patient Paralyzed
- Study: UV Lamps Reduce Bacteria on Computer Keyboards by 99%
- Are Your Barrier Protection Products Safe?
- Practitioners Pay Emotional Price When Patients Are Harmed
- Is Prostate Surgery Overused?
What your colleagues are talking about
- Simethicone in endoscopy
- How do you manage cleaning and scrub supplies?
- How fast are your cataract OR turnover times?
- Monitoring patients after midazolam
- Wound Class Questions
- CRNAs vs Anesthesiologists in ASCs
- PACU Staffing Question
- What's Our Fair Market Value?
- Surgical attire guidelines
- Compression Device Use
ORX Bonita Springs, October 12-14, 2016
Read about some of our exciting 2016 sessions
- Resuscitating a Dying Surgical Facility
- Fear: The Hidden Killer
- Building a World-Class Outpatient Total Joints Program
- Get Ready for Surgical Price Transparency
- What Can Surgical Facilities Learn From the Ritz Carlton and Other World-Class Corporations?
- Barrier Protection Breakdown
- Patient Safety: Constantly Striving for Zero Patient Harm
- Staff Safety: Sparing No Expense to Keep Staff Safe
- Pain Control: Dedicated Teamwork Makes Patients the Winners
- Editor's Page: Don't Flip Your Lid Over Surgeons in Skullcaps
- 2016 OR Excellence Awards: The Best of the Best
- 8 Ways to Make Cataract Surgery Even Safer
- Staffing: Start Every First Case of the Day On Time
- Financial Management: This GI Center Minds Its Business
- Patient Satisfaction: Simple Equation: Happy Staff = Happy Patients