Breaking stories from across the nation
- Bill Would Lift Moratorium on Construction and Expansion of Physician-Owned Hospitals
- Oregon Bill Would Let ASCs Offer Extended Care
- 10% of Alcohol-Based Preps Allowed to Dry for 3 Minutes Caught Fire
- Emails Show Barry Cadden Tried to Cover His Tracks After His Lab Shipped Contaminated Steroids
- Faulty Sensor Leads to Recall of Alaris Syringe Pump
- Humble Surgical Hospital is Excoriated by Judge for Bilking Aetna Out of Millions
- New Details in How Female Impostor Gained Access to 5 ORs
- Can a Surgeon's Brash Behavior Foretell Post-op Problems?
- No Smoking Before Joint Replacement Surgery
- Zimmer Biomet Recalls More than 3,600 Shoulder Implants Due to a High Fracture Rate
What your colleagues are talking about
- Nail Polish Remover in a Surgical Environment
- How do you Remove Silicone from an OR Floor?
- Endoscopy Staffing
- How Many of Your Patients Have Outdated H&Ps?
- Do you pay OR Housekeepers What They're Really Worth?
- Simethicone in endoscopy
- How do you manage cleaning and scrub supplies?
- How fast are your cataract OR turnover times?
- Monitoring patients after midazolam
- Wound Class Questions
ORX Bonita Springs, October 12-14, 2016
Read about some of our exciting 2016 sessions
- Resuscitating a Dying Surgical Facility
- Fear: The Hidden Killer
- Building a World-Class Outpatient Total Joints Program
- Get Ready for Surgical Price Transparency
- What Can Surgical Facilities Learn From the Ritz Carlton and Other World-Class Corporations?
- Inside Our Outpatient Vascular Surgical Center
- Are Bundled Payments Good for Surgery?
- Legal Update: The Legal Burden of Workplace Bullying
- Behind Closed Doors: The Not-So-Golden Olden Days
- Did Skin Prep Fuel This Fire?
- 3 Amazing Advances in Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Boost Your Adenoma Detection Rate
- Safety: Inside Our Sharps Safety Success
- Ideas That Work: A Positive Spin on Pre-op Time Outs
- Ideas That Work: Can You Spot These 7 Medication Label Errors?