Breaking stories from across the nation
- Is Medicare Ready to Reimburse Outpatient Knee Replacement?
- $22 Million Suit: 2 Dropped Instruments Left Patient Paralyzed
- Study: UV Lamps Reduce Bacteria on Computer Keyboards by 99%
- Report: Anesthesiologist's Blocks Blinded 5 Cataract Patients in One Morning
- Hospital That Removed Kidney From Wrong Patient Blames Referring Physician
- Medical Spa Liable for Woman's SSI Death Following Liposuction
- Feds: CRNA Group Offered Free Drugs to ASCs for Exclusive Contracts
- Make Your Regional Anesthesia Safer
- Surgical Studies Biased Against Women
- Have You Made Your OR Excellence Plans?
What your colleagues are talking about
- Monitoring patients after midazolam
- Wound Class Questions
- CRNAs vs Anesthesiologists in ASCs
- PACU Staffing Question
- What's Our Fair Market Value?
- Surgical attire guidelines
- Compression Device Use
- NPO Rules
- Positioning a Patient's Head
- Cell Phone Photos in the OR
ORX Bonita Springs, October 12-14, 2016
Read about some of our exciting 2016 sessions
- Resuscitating a Dying Surgical Facility
- Fear: The Hidden Killer
- Building a World-Class Outpatient Total Joints Program
- Get Ready for Surgical Price Transparency
- What Can Surgical Facilities Learn From the Ritz Carlton and Other World-Class Corporations?
- The Trouble With Transvaginal Mesh
- Last One Out Cleans the OR
- Infection Prevention: When Everyone's a Hand Hygiene Spy
- Behind Closed Doors: The Best of Paula Watkins
- Rules of Reprocessing: Lumened Instruments
- 6 Tips to Boost Your Colonoscopy Service Line
- A New Way to Think About Retained Items
- Anesthesia Alert: Topical or Block: What's Best for Cataracts?
- Cutting Remarks: Out to Lunch
- Coding & Billing: Medicare's 2017 Outpatient Payment Update