Breaking stories from across the nation
- Anesthesia Group Must Pay Up After Patient Bleeds Out in Recovery
- Did Hospital Ignore Contaminated Scopes and Infected Patients?
- AmSurg, Envision Healthcare Merge to Form Physician Staffing Giant
- Obesity Device Drains a Portion of Stomach Contents After Meals Into the Toilet
- Hospitals Will Likely Soon Be Required to Have Antibiotic-Stewardship Programs
- U. of Louisville Hospital Now Unsafe, Vice Chair of Surgery Insists
- Suit: Pedicle Screw Left in Patient's Body for 2 Days After Surgery
- What to Do in the Event of a Never Event
- Two Simple Steps Can Prevent Post-op Delirium
- Outpatient Nephrectomy?
What your colleagues are talking about
- Monitoring patients after midazolam
- Compression Device Use
- NPO Rules
- Positioning a Patient's Head
- Cell Phone Photos in the OR
- PACU Staffing Question
- Artificial Nails
- Proper Patient Identification
- Your Patients Are Listening
- Surgical attire guidelines
ORX Bonita Springs, October 12-14, 2016
Read about some of our exciting 2016 sessions
- Resuscitating a Dying Surgical Facility
- Fear: The Hidden Killer
- Building a World-Class Outpatient Total Joints Program
- Get Ready for Surgical Price Transparency
- What Can Surgical Facilities Learn From the Ritz Carlton and Other World-Class Corporations?
- The Future of Cataract Surgery
- Ideas That Work: Tune Up Your Turnovers With a Parallel Process
- Where to Focus Your Infection Prevention Efforts
- How Safe Are Your Patients?
- What's New for Minimally Invasive Surgery?
- Behind Closed Doors: You Might Be Having a Bad Day If...
- Infection Prevention: Can Anesthesia Providers Spread Infection?
- Your Primer on Total Knee Systems
- Business Advisor: Time for Timeshare Surgery Centers?
- Product News