Second OpinionsHow Many of Your Patients Have Outdated ...

How Many of Your Patients Have Outdated H&Ps?

About 56% of our GI patients have not been seen by the GI office within 30 days of their procedure, so we do the H&P the day of the procedure. There is an H&P available, but it is older than 30 days.

Is this excessive? What percent of your GI patients come to your center with an H&P older than 30 days?

Started by: Denise Fletcher (Director, Surgical Services/Director of Nursing) at November 23, 2016 (11:29 am)

Comments and Responses

Our physicians do all of our H&P's on the day of the procedure after meeting the patient via an EMR system and prior to the Time Out.

Rick Brisson (Administrator/Director/Manager/Owner/Exec. Officer) at November 30, 2016 (12:05 pm)

My response would be the same as Susan above. Our nurses check the H&P the day before the procedure as well as the day of. And if necessary the Gastroenterologists complete the H&P upon meeting the patient the day of the procedure.
Joy H. (ASC Manager)

Joy H. (OR Manager/Supervisor) at November 28, 2016 (10:44 am)

My response would be the same as Susan above. Our nurses check the H&P the day before the procedure as well as the day of. And if necessary the Gastroenterologists complete the H&P upon meeting the patient the day of the procedure.

)

Joy H. (OR Manager/Supervisor) at November 28, 2016 (10:43 am) [last edited on November 28, 2016 (10:44 am)]

Joy H. (OR Manager/Supervisor) at November 28, 2016 (10:43 am) [last edited on November 28, 2016 (10:43 am)]

Our physicians complete the H&P when they meet with the patient the day of the procedure, especially since they may not even know the pt until the day of. Staff know that the H&P must be completed, signed, dated and timeed before we can begin the Time Out for the procedure.

SUSAN REITZEL (OR Manager/Supervisor) at November 28, 2016 (7:21 am)

at least half

Rita Young (OR Manager/Supervisor) at November 25, 2016 (12:48 pm)

Submit a response to this discussion topic

Please login to submit a response to this discussion topic.

advertiser banner