advertiser banner advertiser banner advertiser banner
Digital Issues

Second Opinions > Risk Assessments

Risk Assessments

I am trying to complete my first infection prevention risk assessment tool. Is anyone interested in sharing theirs and how to complete it?

Started by: Amanda Hansen (Other) at August 20, 2012 (2:18 pm)

Comments and Responses

View: earliest first

Pamela,
Can you please e-mail me the AAAHC tool and CDC guide for infection prevention?
I like the Hand Hygiene audit idea. I always have my staff and physicians review articles and protocol on Hand Hygiene and sign that they have done so. Unfortunately they do not all practice what they sign off on. It is very difficult to enforce although it's just common sense.
Trudy
northenbaltozeiler@gmail.com

G. Zeiler (Director, Surgical Services/Director of Nursing) at January 22, 2013 (6:20 pm)

Amanda or Debra I would love to have a copy of your infection prevention tool. This is a huge task and being able to see what others are doing is so helpful and re-enforces that we are doing some things right. My e-mail is judy_r_bailey@yahoo.com or fax number 903-595-0236
Judy Bailey, Asst. Admin. of Surgery
DeHaven Surgical Center
Tyler Tx 903-595-7574

Judy Bailey (Administrator/Director/Manager/Owner/Executive Officer) at October 25, 2012 (10:16 am)

Debra, If it's not to much trouble can u e-mail me a copy also?? CDC guide for infection prevention in the out patient setting. misti@nvpsaz.com thanx a million =)

Misti Swink (Director, Surgical Services/Director of Nursing) at October 3, 2012 (8:11 pm)

Amanda,
Sorry to be responding so late. I can send you an example I have used with TJC in the past. What is your email address?
Debra
debra@pss4asc.com

Debra Stinchcomb (Other) at September 18, 2012 (2:34 pm)

Which one do you want?? TJC? AAAHC? CMS? or the CDC Guide for infection Prevention in Out Patient Settings? The latter: The Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care is based on existing, evidence-based CDC guidelines that apply to a wide range of health care facilities
Among other important recommendations, the guide states that all outpatient practices should ensure that at least one individual with specific training in infection control is on staff or regularly available. This individual should be involved in developing a written infection control policy and have regular communication with health care providers to address specific issues or concerns.

Pamela Dembski-Hart (Other) at September 3, 2012 (6:39 pm)

Hand Hygiene Audit. Use employee initials to track each employee and how many times they follow the proper steps to be compliant with hand hygiene protocols. At the end of the day without really pointing anyone out go over your observations and it would be also a good introduction to a In-Service on the topic.

Robert S. (Other) at August 22, 2012 (10:33 am)

Submit a response to this discussion topic

Please login to submit a response to this discussion topic.

DID YOU SEE THIS?
Endoscopy

Polyps Can't Hide From This Colonoscope

advertiser banner