SSI prevention, including surface disinfection, surgical scrubs, barrier protection, antibiotics, waste management and patient warming.
We use warm cloth blankets for pre-op and forced-air warming blankets for the OR and, for some patients, in PACU as well. Cataract and pain management patients are in the OR...
Top 15 Regular Issue Articles
- Thinking of Buying...Patient Warming Devices (12/2011)
- Product News (12/2011)
- Infection Prevention (12/2011)
- Getting a Handle on Fluid Waste Disposal (12/2011)
- Infection Prevention (11/2011)
- How Do You Remove Hair? (10/2011)
- Do You Reprocess Single-Use Devices? (10/2011)
- Can You Pass the Surveyor's White Glove Test? (10/2011)
- 2011 OR Excellence Awards (9/2011)
- 10 Commandments for Preventing SSIs (9/2011)
- What Caused This Surgical Site Infection? (8/2011)
- Infection Prevention (8/2011)
- Don't Flash Without a Flash Sterilization Container (8/2011)
- Readers to the Rescue (7/2011)
- Infection Prevention (7/2011)
Top 15 Manager's Guides' Articles
- ORX Tournament of Champions
- 2011 Buyer's Guide
- Single-Use Solutions for Safer Scoping
- The Role of Patient Warming in Preventing SSIs
- Your Low-Temperature Sterilization Options
- Endoscope Reprocessors Your Techs Will Love
- Are You Using the Right Prep?
- Managing Fluid Waste the Right Way
- Wipe Out the Confusion Over Surface Disinfection
- Do You Remember How to Scrub (Properly)?
- Is Custom Compounding Right For You?